Chicago Real Estate Forum
Real Estate listings website built with in-house custom CMS as the back-end and custom front-end Tailwind CSS design. Due to the amount of listings in the chicago area, there were website design scaling issues that had to be overcome in order to deal with handling over 50k listings and over 1 million images.
Illinois based re-modeler website built with WordPress and custom Tailwind CSS design. The Gutenberg editor was used for each page, allowing the client to edit most aspects of every page's content. I also created some custom Gutenberg blocks with React JS to add functionality needed for the client's website that is not included by default.
Homebuilder website built on in-house CMS with 3rd party data integrations syncing data from Mark Systems (IHMS) to allow the client to fully automate website data updates. The client just needs to update the data in their Homebuilder software and changes to synced to the website automatically.
Lead Web DeveloperArlington Heights, IL | - Present
- Rebuilt legacy custom-made CMS which is now based on Laravel / Winter CMS
- Decreased server resources needed with the newly rebuilt CMS: page load times were reduced by 70%.
- Improved the speed and capabilities to create client specific functionality into our CMS.
- Use Github Actions to automate code testing and improve reliability.
- Setup, maintained, and monitored all of the production servers/infrastructure.
- Converted office infrastructure from on-premise Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange server to a fully remote setup on GSuite (Google Workspace) allowing fully remote workflows.
Electrical Systems & Services-
IT ContractorSturtevant, WI | - Present
- Supported employee workstations and fixed issues as they arose.
- Upgraded Windows Active Directory from server 2003 to 2016.
- Migrated Fortinet firewall to PfSense.
- Supported the company's on-prem mail server.
- Migrated from bare-metal Windows server to type-1 hypervisor running XCP-NG allowing services to be split up among multiple VMs (virtual machines). running Windows and Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS) servers.
Beakon Labs, LLC-
PHP Developer/Devops EngineerRemote Internship | -
- Setup, configure, and deploy all backend infrastructure using AWS for hosting and Laravel as the backend framework for the Nightstir mobile app.
- Automated code deployment and testing using CI/CD pipelines.
- Used Dokku as a self-hosted heroku-like infrastructure allowing all of the back-end code to be deployed with buildpacks and dependencies defined within the git repo so builds were repeatable and predictable.
B.S. Computer ScienceChicago, IL | -
- Concentration in Software Engineering
- Member of Fundamental Research in Academic Gaming (DeFRAG)
Linux Server Administration
Technologies & Software
Winter CMS / October CMS95%